The farm is a peaceful place , a chance to relax and reconnect with nature. Take a walk, visit the farm animals close by, spot the native birds as they flit through the trees. Some games and books are provided for wet weather days enjoy a game of horse shoes or battle it out over cards or monopoly.
Farm tours or seeing the dogs in action working the sheep can be booked, please enquire, as this is a true kiwi working farm sometimes the farmer is busy on farm.
For seasonal farm experiences keep in mind lambing and feeding the pet lambs September/October, tailing October/November, shearing the sheep January and June.
One of our goals here on the farm is to preserve and protect the natural environment for the enjoyment of many generations to come. Some large areas, mainly in the high country, are noted for their rare and indigenous fauna. We work with organisations such as Doc and Environment Canterbury to ensure areas of significance are protected. We have recently been working on a project to preserve our waterways with the support from a grant from ECAN and Kaikoura District Council. Sites have been fenced off for stock and planted in natives with the existing natives also able to regenerate.
Visitors often do not realise just how much Kaikoura has to offer and for that reason, we thoroughly recommend a minimum stay of two nights and two full days with many people wanting to go out and enjoy the excellent marine experiences.
Please bear in mind that weather/ocean conditions can often change quickly and trips can be cancelled at short notice, so it is great to have an extra day to ensure you see and do all you want to experience. We also recommend advance bookings for many of the popular tours over the summer months.
- Head down to Kaikoura to watch whales, swim with dolphins and seals, visit baby seals, go on an arts trail, take fishing charter or a kayaking trip and much more.
- Take a short or longer hike on one of the scenic Kaikoura walks.
- If you are keen on cycling, find out where to cycle at Kaikoura.
- Experience a Maori Tour, go surfing with Board Silly or Head out on an Albatross Encounter. Kaikoura has an incredible diversity of marine life and ocean going birds to spot.Visit the Lavender Farm or head along and walk the Peninsula walking track.
- Mt Lyford Ski Field is only 30 minutes away, and Hanmer Springs Thermal Resort and Spa is an easy day trip to enjoy close by.